Thursday, April 5, 2012

ALEC Mug Shots!











Since the door seems wide open to futher education about what the American Legislative Exchange Counsel(ALEC) is, how it works, and how it's reshaped our lives I thought I'd do a little photo project.
Before asking anyone to pose for a photo I am tasked with explaining exactly what ALEC is and why folks should be concerned with such a shady crew. Then I snap the mug shot style photo of the subject holding a rather excellent comic explanation for how ALEC works with my phone, post it to facebook, and make sure I tag the person(which means I have to friend them). After their mug is tagged their friends may ask them questions about what it means, and hopefully my brief conversation will arm them with the facts they need to school folks.
I just started this today, and I think it's gone well, lots of great conversations. I have about 15 more ALEC comic pieces mounted on posterboard, and I'm more than happy to run down the skinny on my ALEC pitch. I'm thinking about trying to recruit a few folks to work on this. If you're interested send me an email.
So far I've taken about 35 mugs of folks, wouldn't it be great to have thousands?
Tim Franzen
American Friends Service Committee

No comments:

Post a Comment