Saturday, April 13, 2013

Eviction Free Fish Fry For Mark Harris!



This past Friday night dozens of community members joined Mark Harris and his family for an eviction free  fish fry.

The purpose was two fold. We certainly aimed to have a good time enjoying each others company, making new friends, and eating delicious food on a perfect night, but that was not all. Under all the cheerful vibes there was a serious earnestness to our gathering; we were there to make a plan to defend Marks home from Fannie Mae and local law enforcement.

On a full stomach we ran several drills preparing folks for an all out nonviolent eviction defense. Our goal is to fill Marks yard with people, should the time come, and make it clear to Fannie Mae that Mark's community will not accept another vacant house, we will not accept another homeless veteran in Atlanta. As Mark would say, "We're fired up, can't take it no more."

To Sign Mark's petition click here

Mark also started an online fundraising campaign in case the worst happens.

2 comments:

  1. I'm amazed, I have to say. Really hardly at any time do I experience a site that's the two educative and entertaining, and allow me tell you, you might have strike the nail on the head. Your concept is fantastic the issue is anything that not ample men and women are speaking intelligently about. I am very joyful that I stumbled across this in my find for anything referring to this.
    car service Atlanta
    mini bus rental

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm impressed, I have to say. Actually hardly ever do I encounter a weblog that's equally educative and entertaining, and let me inform you, you may have strike the nail on the head. Your concept is outstanding the issue is one thing that not sufficient individuals are speaking intelligently about. I am very joyful that I stumbled throughout this in my find for anything referring to this.
    atlanta taxi to airport
    airport taxi atlanta

    ReplyDelete